Editing object tree
When an object is double-clicked in the object list, an editor opens in the main window area. It displays the object as a tree of nodes, detailing in a structured way how the object works.
Editing node properties
Clicking on a node opens its properties on the right pane. Here, a tabulated spectrum named n is selected, and its value can be edited on the right.
Changing node type
There are two ways of changing the type of a node:
- Select it, and use the choice list at the top right corner of the parameter pane
- Right-click on it, and use the "Change type" menu.
Enabling a node
If a node is disabled (greyed out), you can enable it by right-clicking on it, and use the "Add" menu.
Disabling a node
Right-click on the node, and use "Disable"
Remark : some nodes cannot be disabled
Applying or cancelling object changes
When an object is modified in the tree editor, the changes are not applied immediately to the scene. Press Apply to validate, or Cancel to rollback to the initial state.
The object node
The object itself is the first node on the left (here named previewmaterial). This is a material of type blend.
It has three children nodes:
- A material material_a
- Another material material_b
- A scalar shader blend
The blend material defines a linear combination of two other materials. Children material_a and material_b are blended together with a ratio equal to the value of the blend scalar function, which may vary in space.
The material_b node is folded on the picture below, and its children are hidden. Clicking on the little arrow at the right would unfold it and display its tree structure.
Material A is of reflective type. It has 6 children:
- bulk is a medium defining the volume behind the surface. It is disabled here.
- bump is a normal shader altering the surface relief. It is disabled here.
- emitter sets the light source properties of the surface. It is disabled here.
- intlaw defines the optical law ruling light crossing the interface. It is set to complex fresnel type.
- roughness sets the small-scale roughness properties. It is set to phong type.
- tsrotation is a scalar shader defining the tangent space rotation. It is disabled here.