Exporting a Rhinoceros scene to Ocean 2014
Exporting a Rhinoceros scene to Ocean is very simple with Rhinoceros 5 64-bit and the plugin provided in the installer.
Just model your scene as usual in Rhinoceros , and use the "File/Export to Ocean 2014" menu action. This will create a file understood by Ocean containing:
- All the scene geometry
- The point of view converted to an Ocean Instrument
- The materials, converted to simple Ocean materials:
- All materials with no transparency are converted to diffuse materials, with color and texture
- All materials with transparency are converted to glass materials, with color and opacity settings translated to glass absorbance and reflectivity
- A default diffuse environment lighting
Launching the first render
The resulting Ocean XML file can be opened in Ocean. For starting the simulation, just press the "Play" button.
For practicing, you can download the following Rhinoceros example : oceantuto1.3dm
Just open it in Rhinoceros, export it with "File/Export to Ocean 2014" to an .ocxml file. Then load the exported file in Ocean, and click the "Start" button.
You should obtain the following picture after a few minutes:
In the next tutorial, you will see how to change the environment lighting in the scene to set up a cloudy day light : Setting up a cloudy environment