Ocean 2019 R1 is available !
Ocean 2019 is available for evaluation and purchase!
A new project manager, tools for animation creation and connectors supporting the majority of CAD software are just some of the great new features of this 2019 version.
You may download the latest version here : Ocean 2019 download
Manual pages on new features : New features and changes in Ocean 2019
Ocean Light Simulator 2019 reference here : Documentation
New features and changes in Ocean 2019
With an additional performance gain of more than 10%, this new version of Ocean takes advantage of all the power you give it.
The Job Queue has been revamped to make it more powerful.
It is now called a Project Manager. It is quite generic in order to fit multiple needs, but is mainly intended for two use cases :
- * As a tool to organise render projects with more clarity and repeatability than before
- * Ease the making of small videos / clips using Ocean
More info at the Project Manager toolbox page.
It improves on the features of the previous Job Queue for render management :
- * Compatible with pre-2019 behavior (make new job from edits, drop scene files into list, …)
- * Organise jobs using a tree structure (jobs with subjobs …)
- * Enable / disable jobs in the list (+ easier to view which jobs are done and which ones are waiting to be rendered)
- * Load / store project files with edit and animation jobs
- * Bulk rename jobs using a simple auto-naming format
The Manager provides useful tools to generate simple animations
- * Parameter animations
- * Animate a node parameter by interpolating between 2 values
- * Multiple interpolation schemes (nearest, linear, sigmoid, …)
- * Automatic turntable (move camera around a fixed target point)
Ocean 2019 features many CAD format readers that can load such files as if they were standard ocxml files.
More info at the Scene formats page.
* New optional feature. For more information please contact us.
Here’s the list of available readers :
*.prt: Creo part
*.asm: Creo assembly
*.jt: JT Siemens format
*.vda: VDA format
*.catpart: CATIA V5
*.catproduct: CATIA V5
*.3dxml: 3DXML format
*.cgr: CATIA triangulated
*.model: CATIA V4
*.x_t: Parasolid text
*.x_b: Parasolid binary
*.par: STEP format
*.sldprt: Solidworks part
*.sldasm: Solidworks assembly
*.step: STEP format
*.stp: STEP format
*.ipt: Inventor part
*.iam: Inventor assembly
*.dwg: DWG format
(non-exhaustive list, contact us if your format is not in the list. )
And many other new features that we invite you to discover by testing Ocean.
More info on https://www.eclat-digital.com/contact/